Eurolab Accreditation and standardisation weekly notice (13)
- IAF informs that, to date, two nominations have been received for the position of IAF Vice Chair: Wolfram Hartmann of DAkkS (Germany) and Lori Gillespie of ANAB (USA).
- IAF is seeking nominations for the position of IAF Technical Committee Chair (2022-2024). Any IAF member is eligible to put his/her name forward. Nominations are due April 29. See attached email for more information.
- ISO informs that REMCO, the Committee on Reference Materials, will be disbanded.
- The new work item proposal to develop ISO/IEC TS 17021-14, Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems - Part 14: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of management systems for records is approved. This work will be carried out by the CASCO joint working group 60 (JWG60) and CASCO Members and organizations in liaison are invited to nominate experts to this JWG.
- The draft minutes of the EA Horizontal Harmonization Committee meeting held on March 2-3 are attached. I draw your attention in particular to page 4, item 7.1, on remote assessments.
- EA informs that the Eurachem General Assembly will take place virtually on 20-21 May. The workshop “Trends and challenges in ensuring quality in analytical measurements’ will take place on 17-19 May. The deadline for the submission of poster and presentation abstracts is 31st March 2021. Registration is now open at http://eurachem2021.cz/