Eurolab: Accreditation and standardization latest updates
- The Committee Ballot on CD ISO/IEC 17060, Conformity assessment - Code of good practice, closed on the 25th
November and the draft was approved by 97% of ISO/CASCO P- Members: 57 ballots in favor, 17 in favor with comments, 2 disapproval and 22 abstentions. The WG56 will review the comments collected during its 2nd virtual meeting in March 2021.
- The NP balloted in ISO/TC 309 and in ISO CASCO to develop ISO/IEC TS 17021-13, Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems - Part 13: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of compliance management systems, is approved. This work will be carried out by the CASCO joint working group 59 (JWG59). The 1st WG59 meeting is scheduled to take place remotely, in the afternoons of 8-9-10 February 2021 (12:00-15:00 CET).
Nominations to participate in this work are due by 23 December 2020.
- See attached message regarding the Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2020/1835 on the harmonised standards for accreditation and conformity assessment and on ISO/IEC 17025.
- The following revised EA publications are available online:
EA-1/06 EA multilateral agreement - Criteria for signing - Policy and procedures for development at : click here
EA-INF/17 Register of EA resolutions for use by National Accreditation Bodies and EA evaluators at : click here
EA-INF/01 List of EA Publications and International Documents at : click here
- The WTO issued the linked document regarding actions taken by WTO members on standards, regulations and Covid- 19 https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/covid19_e/standards_report_e.pdf