Eurolab: Accreditation and standardisation weekly notice - week 45
- ILAC held its General Assembly, virtually, on November 2. Two items to report:
- The General Assembly endorsed the recommendation of the ARC to extend the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) to include accreditation of biobanking as a Level 2 activity, to the criteria specified in the Level 3 normative document, ISO 20387. ILAC will therefore accept applications for recognition as soon as the documents within ILAC applicable to the MRA are updated to cover this new scope.
- A complaint on procedural grounds regarding the document on Cooperation between Accreditation Bodies was received at the ILAC Secretariat on November 2 (please see attached in the pdf documents). Therefore, the consultation is on hold until the complaint is addressed.
- IAF held its General Assembly, virtually, on November 4 (please see attached the notes from the meeting).
IAF and ILAC
- The 2022 IAF ILAC mid-term meetings will be held virtually. Dates to be confirmed.
- The 2022 IAF ILAC General Assembly meetings will be held on November 2 to 11, 2022 in Montreal.